I am committed to growing couple and family relationships. My mission is to cultivate secure and connected, passionate and safe relationships at home and in my counseling practice. After 10 years as a Therapist my wife and I found our marriage stuck in a painful place. Our counselor introduced us to Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT). Not only did it start our marriage on a path to healing and wholeness, it also radically changed my own practice of couples counseling. As I began to learn the EFT model, I began to see couples step out of destructive conflicts more quickly and begin to engage in more satisfying connections with each other. I got so excited that I traveled to Canada to be trained by Sue Johnson, the primary developer of EFT. More recently I have been learning to apply the principles of EFT to working with families.
I approach couples and families with curiosity and acceptance. I focus not on figuring out who is to blame and what or who needs to be changed, but on understanding the patterns of stuck back and forth interactions. Then we walk through a research-proven process of stepping out of the conflict and disconnection and creating accessible, responsive, and engaged bonds between partners and family members.
My wife and I have been married for almost 30 years and have two teenage kids. We moved from Alaska where we have lived most of our lives back to Seattle to join the team at Navigate Family Therapy in 2021.
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy
- Couples reeling from an affair or other betrayal
- Parent/child conflict
- Children (5+) dealing with anger, anxiety, depression or behavioral challenges
- Teens dealing with anger, anxiety, depression or conduct challenges
- Supervision of Associates working toward MFT or MHC Licensure (WA and AK Supervisor)
- Supervision of therapists learning EFT (ICEEFT Supervisor Candidate)
- Couple and Family workshops and trainings
- Exclusive Couple or Family Psychoeducational Coaching (adapted from Hold Me Tight™ workshops)
Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist, Supervisor Candidate
AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidate
Theraplay Association member
Initial Intake Session: 60 Min. – $200
Individual Therapy Session: 53 Min./90 Min. – $175/$265
Couple or Family Therapy 50 Min./1:20/1:50/2:20 – $175/$265/$350/$440
Most insurance plans do not cover relationship distress as the only focus of therapy. However, if one partner or family member has a diagnosable mental health disorder that is caused by or contributes to relationship distress and treating the relationship issue could improve the mental health condition, then your insurance plan might cover therapy with your partner or family members.
Questions to ask your insurance plan:
- Does my plan cover CPT codes 90847 and/or 90846?
- Does my plan recognize Emotionally Focused Therapy for treating mental health?
Can be billed directly for clients
First Choice Health Network
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Options Inc
Pacific Source Health Plans
WA – Premera Blue Cross
Well Spring EAP
A good faith estimate of expected charges is available upon scheduling or upon your request.
To get started email or call Navigate’s intake team book your 15-minute consultation or email me: (Click Here).